Hi! My name is Cathi and I am a Wedding Photographeroholic! What does this mean you might ask? Pull up a chair and let me explain.
From the moment I stepped into college I knew I wanted to do weddings. Weddings and weddings only! I wanted to be able to capture people on one of their most sentimental days of their lives. I wanted to be able to translate the raw emotions of love shared between not only two soul mates but between their family and friends as well.
While getting my degree in Photography, I did absolutely everything necessary to turn my passion into a career. On the weekends everyone my age was partying while I chased down and interned my favorite photographers in the area. I was willing to do anything from sweep the floors, answer phones, billing to scheduling appointments in order to make sure I had all of the necessary skills when I was ready to open my own business. I probably cleaned a toilet or two. To be completely honest I do have a thing for office work, organization (office supplies and post it notes are my thing), production, and cleaning... so this did not feel like work at all. I still tell myself it was much better than going to those parties I missed!
Here are some other things I love in addition to my love of photography:
· I have two of the most adorable puppies ever named Kingston and Bronx. I found them in a box on the street when they were just six weeks old. They have been such an amazing blessing ever since. I have no tolerance for animal abuse and I actively donate to animal charities monthly.
· The artist in me loves to express my art in other ways; I am heavily into interior design (OK maybe only in my own home and possibly my friends houses!) I love to paint, walk the aisles of home decoration stores and getting my hands dirty with a power drill! Oh, I cannot walk past a cool chair without figuring out how to take it home.
· Another way I express my art is by doing hair, nails and makeup for my friends. I designed a pretty serious vanity room in my house just for this. My "woman cave".
· Music is a pretty big deal to me. From the moment I wake up until I go to sleep, I either have my phone, the radio in the bathroom or the Pandora on my computer blasting. Yes, I have a karaoke machine and am currently taking lessons on how to play my guitar.
· Eating organic and being a pescatarian is a big part of my daily lifestyle. Unfortunately, I cant kick the desserts.